- Wisconsin RB Montee Ball was attacked by five men near Wisconsin's campus this morning. The five men knocked Ball to the ground and started kicking him. The 2011 Heisman finalist suffered a concussion and facial injuries from the assault. Why couldn't these five men just beat up Jerry Sandusky? At least they would've served a purpose.
- Michael Phelps won a gold medal in the 4x200 freestyle relay yesterday, giving him the most medals by any Olympic competitor ever. Afterwards, Phelps promised to return back to the States and celebrate by hitting the bong with some players from the Detroit Lions.
- First time (And maybe the last) that I'll mention badminton on here. Four badminton teams were kicked out the women's doubles at the London Games on Wednesday for intentionally trying to lose. The eight doubles players were from China, South Korea and Indonesia. The Italian Serie A and Tim Donaghy offered to help, but the eight doubles players declined, stating that it would "blow their cover".
- When asked recently on ESPN's First Take about where he'd place himself on the depth chart, Jets CB Antonio Cromartie stated that "he was the second-best receiver on the Jets". Tim Tebow later stated that he "was the second-best quarterback on the Jets... behind Mark Sanchez, of course."
- Hungary's Daniel Gyurta set the fourth swimming world record of the London Games in the 200-meter breaststroke on Wednesday, holding off Britain's own Michael Jamieson to win the gold. The record that he set was a time of 2 minutes and 7.28 seconds. Gratulalok Gyurta!!
Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Some Quick Notes for August
Here's some quick newsbits that I wanted to hit on because I don't feel like writing a long article today. Most of it's actual serious news while the rest of it is pure giggles. You determine which is which.