- Fantasy leagues
- Whenever an athlete guest stars on a TV show, etc. For example, Quentin "Rampage" Jackson was a guest star on "The Cleveland Show".
- The game-winning shot.
- The athlete that comes out of nowhere, i.e. Jeremy Lin.
- Brawling in sports (Especially hockey). This example, while not hockey-related, will vividly prove my point (Sorry about the silly commentary on this video): http://youtu.be/BuGp2ZRGIqI
- Filling out brackets for March Madness, hoping that you've picked the perfect bracket.
- Going to Opening Day at the ol' ballpark.
- Posterizing slam dunks. You see Blake Griffin throwing many of these down.
- Mascots. Phillies Phanatic anybody?
- Outlandish characters and divas in a particular sport. I'm looking at you, Chad Johnson and Terrell Owens.
Wednesday, August 8, 2012
50 Things I Love About Sports Part 2
Continuing on with my five-part series of the fifty things that I love about sports, this week's list was a little bit harder to come up with. I don't know if it's the best ideas were taken and such, but I don't know and I don't care. Here's ten more reasons for my infatuation with sports: