- The green men that sit next to the penalty box at Canucks games
- There's always that one hooligan that says something obscure after a golfer goes through his swing: http://youtu.be/NBC06G_FvuY
- The improbable comeback, i.e. the Red Sox in the 2004 ALCs against their arch nemesis, the New York Yankees.
- Speaking of rivalries, that's another reason. There's nothing better than two fan bases talking smack to one another because their teams hate one another.
- Record-breaking performances and achievements
- Games that go down to the last minute of regulation play or even into overtime.
- Dynasties, i.e. the Chicago Bulls of the 90's with Michael Jordan, Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman
- When the underdog upsets the favorite
- Tebowing and Bradying
- Whenever fans chant a certain player's name in order to try and throw that player off his/her game.
Friday, August 3, 2012
Fifty Things I Love About Sports part 1
Today is the first part of a five-part blog set of which I like to call, "Fifty Things I Love About Sports". I try to think up fifty reasons for why I love sports. So here's the first ten reasons for why I do: