Monday, December 26, 2016

New Year's Resolution(s)?

            It's that time of year again. The time where we vow to lose all of that stubborn weight and belly fat (and we usually don't commit to it). That's right, it's the "New Year's Resolution." I won't be making a resolution on my weight loss since I'm keeping up with my own plan (although I still have some time before I reach my goal). Anyways, here's a list of some "resolutions" that I hope to achieve.

  • Be a Nicer Person: Working at a fast-food restaurant can bring out the ugly side of almost any person. That's why I hope to change my tone a bit. That doesn't mean that I'll steer away from cracking jokes. In fact, I need to starting owning my words better. Speaking of fast food...
  • Get the Hell Out of the Fast Food Industry: I'm hoping that I can make my new podcast take off. I'll be experimenting a bit with some new technology that I got, so I'll be investing some time in my podcast. In the meantime, I need to find a new job that isn't frustrating to work in. The restaurant that I work in right now is a good environment to work with regards to my co-workers. It's just that the restaurant itself brings in the WORST customers ever. Like ordering four double quarter-pounders, two egg McMuffins, and two sausage McMuffins and having coupons for ALL of these sandwiches kind of bad. My restaurant brings in some of the worst inbreds around and I hope to escape such an environment.
  • Invest More In My Podcast: I really want to make a new podcast that I have planned to work. I don't have a name for it, but I'll have to make sure that everything sticks. More advertising, more marketing, and more promotions. I got big plans in my future and I want to ensure that my future comes to fruition. 
  • Get an Internship: I slacked on getting an internship this year and I'm disappointed in myself for it. This year, I need to commit in finding one, especially since I got a light semester to work with.
  • Save Money: That pretty much coincides with the investing of my podcast. Just make sure that I save and don't spend beyond my means.

Photo courtesy of Gretchen Rubin

No comments:

Post a Comment