- Toronto Raptors, #WeTheNorth: Did DJ Khaled come up with this hashtag? It sounds so offbeat and goofy.
- Oakland Athletics, #GreenCollar: If a hashtag's meant to represent a hard-working team, what does that make this below-.500 club? At least they're trying?
- New England Patriots, #DefendTheWall: Personally, I like #DoYourJob a lot better for the Patriots since it defines their philosophy as a team (aside from the cheating). This hashtag is mainly used with the DeflateGate spectacle involving Tom Brady. Sounds barbaric.
- Carolina Panthers, #KeepPounding: It sounds more like a sexual innuendo than a hashtag.
- Houston Rockets, #RedNation: To be fair, the hashtag sounds good since the Rockets are red. However, there are plenty of teams that are using this hashtag.
Monday, July 18, 2016
Worst Hashtags in Sports
With the advent of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites comes the concept of the 'hashtag' or this symbol: #. Originally, it was known as the pound sign on old phones. However, it has taken on a new meaning in recent years. In fact, sports franchises have used this hashtag to create ingenious slogans, mostly for winning affairs. However, there are some hashtags that are questionable at best. Here are some of the worst hashtags that have popped up.