- Josh Gordon: The Cleveland Browns receiver has failed a few drug tests in his young NFL career. He's been tested for marijuana and dilute in the latest test, testing positive in two samples for both. Gordon's applied for reinstatement into the league, but he's had no luck so far. Gordon did have a great 2013 season, hauling in 87 passes for 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns.
- Ricky Williams: Ricky Williams isn't just known for running over 10,00 yards in his short NFL career. The former Heisman Trophy winner has been notorious for firing up a blunt every now and then. In fact, Williams is a firm believer that cannabis can help NFL players.
- Jordan Schafer: The former Atlanta Brave was arrested and charged in Florida for felony possession of marijuana. One noteworthy highlight of Schafer's career is that he was the 99th MLB player to hit his first career homer in his first career at-bat.
- Michael Phelps: You might know Phelps for winning the most gold medals in Olympic history (18) and for being one of the most recognizable swimmers ever. You might also know that he's hit the bong a couple of times. He's even acknowledged that the photo taken was real. Phelps won eight gold medals at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, topping Mark Spitz's record of seven.
- Usain Bolt: The fastest man in the world has broken numerous records on the track. The Olympic gold-medal sprinter has also admitted to trying weed during his time in Jamaica.Anything to slow down, I guess.
- Carmelo Anthony: The New York Knicks star was cited in 2004 for marijuana possession after authorities discovered weed in his travelling backpack. Anthony was also cited when his roommate was stopped for a routine traffic check. He did escape both charges, but he hasn't been able to escape the conference finals.
Wednesday, April 20, 2016
Celebrating Sports' Biggest Potheads
Today is April 20th, a holiday for weed smokers everywhere. People are firing up blunts to celebrate the non-official holiday. To commemorate this day, we take a look at some of sports' biggest joint smokers.