Wednesday, July 15, 2015

My Little Game Review

        A few years ago, I stumbled upon a Super Nintendo at a garage sale. There were some games that came along with it, so I was intrigued. I'm talking about games that I've never played before. I decided to buy it, only out of the necessity that I would play the games I've never tried.
        One game that I looked forward to (which I wound up being disappointed in due to the iffy controls) was Battletoads/Double Dragons. Now I've heard that Battletoads games were hard games. That didn't faze me, but the punching mechanisms and the timing of some attacks turned me off. There was one game out of the bunch that I did like and that was NBA Live 97. I'm familiar with the NBA Live series (Now the series has really evolved), especially NBA Live 99. But I was blown away by how easy the controls on it were. Shooting the ball and going for a layup were no problem at all. The music on this game was so sweet and the game was pretty smooth graphically. But what I liked the most about the game was the nostalgia that came with it. I'm not really talking about the nostalgia of playing a Super Nintendo game. I'm talking about playing as Gary "The Glove" Payton or playing against the Vancouver Grizzlies. That sort of nostalgia as a sports fan hit me in an awesome way.
         Overall, I like this game and would recommend it to any sports fan who also likes to game. Just be warned that you play the game for five minutes per quarter. If you love a good throwback, then give this game a whirl!


No comments:

Post a Comment