- Future Hall of Fame goaltender Martin Brodeur has signed a 2-year, $9 million contract to stay with the New Jersey Devils. The netminder got offers from two other teams; the Chicago Blackhawks and the Toronto Maple Leafs. I'm surprised the Philadelphia Flyers didn't call. Their goaltending's fun year after year. Susan Lucci should play a role.
- Dwight Howard has told Orlando Magic officials that the only team that he wants to be traded to is the Brooklyn Nets. Stan Van Gundy on Howard's request: "I told you so!"
- Tiger Woods passed Jack Nickulas for 2nd on the PGA all-time wins list Sunday, shooting a final round score of 69 to win the AT&T National by two shots. It's Tiger's third win of the year and it puts him in a position to reclaim the No. 1 ranking in golf. My thoughts on this is as follows: http://youtu.be/OIRWkZgTTHo.
- Rafael Nadal, the second-ranked tennis player in the world from Spain, was surprisingly ousted from the second round of Wimbledon by Czech Republic's own Lukas Rosol in five sets. Roger Federer can now breathe a big sigh of relief.
- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aldon Smith was reportedly stabbed at a party in San Jose on Friday. The injuries were minor and Smith is said to be recovering just fine. There are no current suspects at the moment. Admit it, you probably read this story because you thought it'd be Alex Smith, the quarterback. Anyways, best wishes to Aldon Smith on a speedy, hitch-free recovery.
- Anthony Davis was the first overall pick in the 2012 NBA Draft as he was picked by the New Orleans Hornets. He also trademarked his signature unibrow before the draft. Something tells me that Mr. Davis is one heck of a businessman.
Monday, July 2, 2012
Some Quick Notes
I got some short but sweet thoughts on some interesting newsbits here. The stories are real, but the extra fluff is just plain silly. Let's go!